Start Date: ASAP
Tenure: Full-time position with the option for flexible hours, on a permanent employment basis.
Location: Working partly from home, and partly from our operations hub near Basingstoke in Hampshire. This role also includes site visits and deliveries across the UK.
About the role
An exciting and unique opportunity to work with a start-up garden design business from its inception. Dig was set up by a team of four friends to deliver off-the-shelf and semi-bespoke garden designs via an online platform. We target a young and time-poor demographic, who are often creating a garden for the first time. We are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic Operations Manager to join our growing team, and help us in our mission to make it easier for people to create beautiful gardens.
This role will develop as the company grows and you’ll be a crucial part of that journey.
Initially the role will include:
- Sourcing plants from nurseries, managing substitutions and quality control
- Managing plant deliveries to the operations hub, and collating plant orders for clients, including Dig packaging and branding
- Planning routes for deliveries and undertaking customer deliveries across the United Kingdom
- Managing trading finances, including cost reconciliations
- Managing customers and other stakeholders, often acting as the ‘face of the brand’
- Feeding back on operations and processes, adapting as the company grows
- Passion for plants and design, with good core plant knowledge.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ideally experience with Vectorworks and Adobe Suite.
- Organised, reliable and confident, with strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday and discretionary annual bonus.
- On-going training and development.
To apply: Please send your CV and a covering email to Alex Hollingsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday 24th March 2023